So fresh and so clean, clean!

Yes, I was going for the fattest cold roll in the world record! And I think I got pretty close to winning ;)

I make these all the time, and no, I still don't know how to make small ones! I get so carried away because they are delicious. I always serve them with two sauces; 


The peanutty one is actually only 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter to about 1/4 cup of coconut milk and a squirt of sriracha. SO SIMPLE!

The soy one is 1 chinese spoon sweet soy, 1 chinese spoon dark soy, 1 chinese spoon light soy, 1 chinese spoon rice wine vinegar, 1 chinese spoon water, 1/2 chinese spoon sriracha, 1 chinese spoon toasted sesame seeds. EAAASSSSYYY. 


Tonight was bbq weather. I knew this because it was sunny, and not windy = perfect. 


and now, with titles! ("ooooh")


the grilled corn I just threw on the bbq til it blackened a little.


Guacamole was 2 avocado's, mixed with a little spanish onion, lime, tomato, coriander, salt, pepper and chilli (and actually not very nice, the avo's had no flavour!) sad face.

beet hummus had 2 tins of chick peas, 1 Tablespoon tahini, 1 Tablespoon lemon, 1/2 cup beet (i used tinned - fresh would be better), 1 teaspoon salt, 1 garlic clove, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.


pesto was made with 2 cups rocket and about 1 cup of mixed nuts (such as walnuts, almonds, cashews), 1 clove garlic, good glug oil, salt and pepper! Blitz.


bbq veg, I skewered and bbq'd until cooked. No marinade, just simple :D

polenta flowers, cook polenta according to packet instructions and at the end add in 1/2 cup grated zucchini, 1 Tablespoon parmesan and salt and pepper. Pour mix into greased cake tin and leave to cool. Cut shapes out of solid mix and fry or bbq for a few minutes on each side until crisp! VERY YUM.


sweet potato rosti, literally just grated sweet potato thrown on the hot plate of the bbq. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

stuffed mushrooms, take large swiss mushrooms and scoop out the middle 'gills', place in a bowl with 2 Tablespoons bread crumbs (you could use nuts) a splash of oil and 2 Tablespoons of your pesto. Mix and refill the mushroom caps. Grill for about 5 minutes. 

I also made fattoush:


1 cup mixed gourmet lettuce
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1/2 celery stick, sliced (this is not traditional!)
1/2 red capsicum, diced
1 handful marinated artichokes
1 handful black olives
1 handful mint
1 handful parsley

dressing:
5 Tablespoons oil
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
salt + pepper

1 spinach mountain bread
1 teaspoon cape malay seasoning (I got this from Oxfam. It's a spice mix of coriander, salt, cumin, pepper, fennel, chilli, mustard seed, cinnamon and turmeric! If you can't find it, just use a pinch of the first 5 spices.)

Lightly oil the mountain bread and sprinkle with cape malay seasoning. Grill until brown, leave to cool and break up into pieces.

Add the bread and dressing to the salad right before serving so nothing goes soggy! 


WARNING: THIS SALAD IS SO FRESH AND DELICIOUS. 




Comments

  1. looks great - I made rice paper rolls tonight and loved seeing yours - wish I could get motivated to go that one step further and make some of your lovely dipping sauces

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to attend a bbq at your place! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts