A stew and two massive plates.

Sometimes you see a recipe online and you just have to try it! This happens to me often. They get stuck in my head and a lot of the time I subconsciously end up buying ingredimots from a recipe I have read and liked. This one is from the gluttonous vegan (she seems super cute) and was adapted by moi.

I added lots more vegies and made it more of a zucchini stew with not as many chick peas. I don't think I toasted the spices long enough because it has a strange earthy flavour. Anywho! Still very tasty and healthy and full of all things that are generally in your cupboard. Easy peasy!



Earthy Zucchini Stew:
1 onion, sliced
3 chopped cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp each of ground cumin, ground coriander, mustard seeds, ground turmeric, ground ginger, nigella seeds
1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
1/2 a shredded cabbage
1 big zucchini, cut into chunks
1 cup green beans, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 can of chickpeas
250ml of vegetable stock
2 Tablespoons of tomato paste

In a big saucepan heat some vegetable oil and throw in your onion and garlic. After a couple of minutes add in all of your spices and wait til you hear them start to pop.
After that, add in all of your vegies, your chickpeas and your stock. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until they are tender.
Add in tomato paste and season to taste. I ate mine with a simple cous cous and some yoghurt on the side. Delish and so quick!

Muffin and I both felt we hadn't been on a proper food shop in a good couple of months (with starting a new job and whatnot) and so we went a tad crazy yesterday and stocked up on some fresh and delicious things.
Hence my MASSIVE breakfast/lunch plate yesterday. I ate most of it too......


it was brie, mushroom pate, sundried tomatoes, olives, tomatoes, carrot, cucumber, pickle, basil, rocket, mushrooms, potato salad and a delicious home made bread roll (thank you bread god, aka dad)

Tonight I followed my own theme and had another giant plate. This time the plate was smaller than my wrap. Fo serious! 


I had a huge spinach tortilla and filled it with about a trillion things: avocado, brinjal pickle, mushroom 'pate', rocket pesto (hello condiment city!!), toasted sesame seeds, mushroom, tomato, baby spinach, cucumber, olives AND sun dried tomatoes. I tell you what. Sometimes I get carried away and it doesn't taste good. hahaha. No, no, this was tasty - verrryyy full of flavour. Here's a pic with a small bowl of my vegie stew for the sake of scale! 


Wow.

Comments

  1. That stew looks great, I'm obsessed with smoked paprika at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with Moroccan flavours at the moment too so we're on the same page :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo that wrap sure does look good. I have seen the green ones in the store but am yet to try one.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lady thanks for your comment.. few questions.. whats your email address I will send you tester deets! yay! and second is it a plug in blogger provide to get the "you might also like" thing at the bottom of your blog? I want one!

    yes moroccan flavours are amazing.. those vegies look sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose - the green ones are the best! They're so soft and big enough to cram a LOT of food in.

    Carla, well hello, my email is jadey_isabug@hotmail.com < that's right, i DO have a name! And yep, I got it at http://www.linkwithin.com

    I never imagined *i* would know how to do something that you don't. Gasp, you seem very blog savvy! Haha, good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks heaps! so exciting!!! yeah... I thought it was a blogger widget that I was having a seniors moment not being able to find... yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. That wrap is pretty huge. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts