Sunshine muffins and brekky of champions (fat ones)

My mojo is back! I quit a sad-making job and am about to start a new one (hopefully happy-making).

The first thing I made from my newly arrived Veganomicon were the Carrot Pineapple Sunshine Muffins. I made them for my fabio (daddy-o) who is on a liver cleansing diet. He's not eating dairy and he is a lover of all things muffin so these were great. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup brown sugar but i left it out and they were still sweet enough. I think the pineapple brings a lot of sweetness to the tasty muffin table. I also used egg replacer instead of flaxseed and I left out the raisins - why? because they are disgusting.


(EDIT: i had to edit this recipe after originally posting as i'd copied and pasted from another blog - laziness - and it was actually wrong! dang it.)


1/2 cup vanilla soy yogurt
1/2 plain or vanilla soy milk
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained (use canned only; reserve juice)
1/3 cup pineapple juice, reserved from crushed canned pineapple
1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
1 heaping teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour, or a combination of both
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease a non-sticknon-stick 12 cup muffin tin.

In a large bowl, whisk together the soy yogurt, soy milk, and ground flaxseed. Whisk in the canola oil and maple syrup. Squeeze the crushed pineapple to remove as much excess juice as possible and add to the bowl, along with the reserved pineapple juice, carrot, orange zest, and raisins, and thoroughly mix. Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Stir only just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. Bake for 24-26 minutes.

Makes about 12.


We had this delicious breakfast one day this week.


By the time I came around to cooking it it was actually about 3pm... so more like an early dinner really. I love a good giant brekky. Fried capsicum, onion, zucchini, tomato, rosemary-mushrooms with baked beans, avocado, vegetarian sausage, rocket and turkish bread! SO HUGE. This is the kind of meal you take a nap from afterwards. hahaha.


Comments

  1. wohhh that is one huge breakfast! Ive never made a combination kind of breakfast before, but it looks SO good!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it was breakfast/lunch/dinner so that justifies it being so huge, right?! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts